Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Knitting and Dogs ~
A few of my favorite things

Wow! The time has flown by!  So many times I had plans to write a blog post but life got in the way.  It's bitter cold here and the roads are very icy in my town, so I set tonight aside to finally have a chance to blog.

I had great fun knitting some scarves for my Mother and DS {Dear Sister} this summer. The pattern is by Prism: FP1 Openwork Angora Scarf designed by Laura Bryant. Both were knit with size 11 needles using one skein for each scarf.


Mom's scarf is Prism Kid Slique {Color Sierra, Dye Lot #H0806} 66% Rayon, 26% Kid Mohair and 8% Nylon, 88 yards per skein.  


DS's scarf is Prism Indulgence {Color Highlands, Dye Lot #H0814} 68% Silk, 15% Wool and 12% Kid Mohair, 92 yards per skein.


Hopefully they will receive many years of enjoyment from their scarves.

In getting ready to relocate to another state, DS {Dear Son} had to find a new home for his female German Shepherd, Gabi. The apartment complex where he will be living has a 25 lb. weight limit. Gabi's new family lives near us so DH {Dear Hubby} went to the City and picked up Gabi. She spent the night with us and had a wonderful reunion with her brother. DH wanted to grab some pictures of the four playing, but every time he opened the back door to take a picture the play stopped. His solution was to shoot the pictures thru the back door {glass and screen}. I am so glad he grabbed the photographs even though the glass and screen combination make the photos grainy.  I could not resist calling this one: "Thru a Screen Door." Turn on your speakers so you can enjoy Mannheim Steamroller playing "You've Got a Friend in Me." {I thought the title of the music was appropriate!}




No comments: