Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Snow

Once again this year we had snow in late March.  We had so much rain yesterday and this morning around 8:00 a.m. it started snowing.  I grabbed the camera and rushed outside when I heard it was snowing.  



The snowflakes were really large.  I made a little video with snippets from the day to give you an idea of the size of the flakes.  Apologies for the grainy videos.  As mentioned previously, a better camera is on my list!  


Our six inches of snow was nothing in comparison to the blizzard that pelted Kansas! We had a little bit of thundersnow at the onset of our snow. That is a phenomenon where you have thunder and snow at the same time.  By nighttime the snow is still around but beginning to melt. Tomorrow's higher temperature will make this snow begin to become a memory.

The snow gives a whole new meaning to "White wall tires" ~ 


Someone recently asked me what "Carpe Knitting" meant so I realized many are probably wondering.  I really like the Latin phrase "Carpe Diem" ~ "Seize the Day!"  I tried to locate a Latin word for knitting but could not find one.  So I just had to settle for "Carpe Knitting" ~ "Seize the Knitting" In other words, enjoy your knitting and make the most of your knitting {or crocheting} time!


No comments: