Thursday, October 25, 2007

All Things Zebra ~ October

A new wallpaper resides on my computer thanks to National Geographic Magazine. This picture definately grabbed my attention when I saw it. I have been fascinated with zebras for quite a long time. One of the things that captivated me the most regarding zebras was the fantastic facial features of a zebra at the Little Rock Zoo in Arkansas about 20 years ago. It was a special moment with the sun shining just right. This one zebra had the most spectacular facial features ~ the kind of features that make an artist, sculpturer or photographer want to capture the spirit of that zebra in their media.

This picture from National Geographic was taken 100 years ago and was used in an article published in March, 1909. The black and white photo captures the character of this zebra resting in the Savannah in Kenya, Africa:



I had to chuckle when I saw a zebra-stripped mouse. This mouse was made by Logitech and is probably no longer available. I thought it went well with the zebra-striped laptop "skin" cover I showed last month:

Have you ever needed a good back-scratch? It seems these zebra have located a great roll-in-the-dirt-and-scratch-your-back place. Double click on the arrow to start the video {sorry no sound on this one}:



Carpe knitting,
KZ

No comments: