Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Brrrr! It's Cold here!
It's a great day to surf around Ravelry

Hope all of you who are experiencing winter are staying warm! I am reminding myself:

and

I am so ready for Spring and Summer! {By the way, these banners will keep tracking the days, so if you are looking back on a day other than when this was posted, it will show the current number of days until Spring and Summer.} When I was younger I enjoyed winter. Now that I have to drive in it, I dread the ice! Dad and Mom, thanks for all the times you carted me around with "winter mess" on the roads!

With it cold out, it is a great day to surf around

When I first heard about this fun new site, I mistakenly thought it was only a place for knitters and crocheters to store their stash information. I was not really interested in that, so I stayed away. Then as friends began to receive their invitations and tell me about it, I realized it was more than an online stash journal.

For those who have not taken the plunge, here's a taste of the waiting process. On August 22nd, I signed up and took my place in line. They have a wait checker and here's what I discovered when I checked it that first day:

patiently awaiting your invite? Found you!
  • You signed up on Today
  • You are #27784 on the list.
  • 17736 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 0 people are behind you in line.
  • 35% of the list has been invited so far

Thus began my checking back in from time to time. On September 28, I learned:
  • You signed up on August 22, 2007
  • You are #27784 on the list.
  • 8653 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 9192 people are behind you in line.
  • 51% of the list has been invited so far

  • Finally October 13th I received the long awaited email "Frecklegirl has invited you to Ravelry!". Just for grins I had to check and see what Ravelry had to say:

    "You already cashed in your invite and joined Ravelry! What are you doing hanging out with the impatient alpaca?"

    I love their sense of humor! Recently when I went to log in, I found the following:

    Ravelry is taking a coffee break - it will be back in 5 minutes or so.

    That's Bob in the picture. You see him a lot on the website.

    I am KnittedZebra {did you expect anything else?} on Ravelry. If you are there, send me a note and let me know what your Ravelry name is.

    Carpe Knitting,
    KZ

    No comments: