Tuesday, January 15, 2008


{click the link to visit their website}



Several months ago DS and DIL {Dear Son and Daughter-in-law} moved into Oklahoma City. Naturally I wanted to check out the yarn stores in OKC.  Somehow I only made it to one.  I have so much fun at Gourmet Yarn Company that I just keep going back every chance I can when I am in The City.  



Every time I have started to take pictures outside the sun has been shining brightly, so getting pictures without too much glare was the best I could hope for.  I apologize for cutting off the hours, but if you are in the area, they are also open 10 to 5 on Saturdays and 12 to 5 on Sundays.  

When you walk in the door, your eyes are greeted with eye candy every which way you look!


My pictures do not do it justice.  There are only a few shots here because I was too busy having fun to take pictures of all of the store.  


Recently they mentioned they had some Mrs. Wilson in.  I was intrigued.  LOL!


Here is a close up of one Feza Oriental Alp, aka Mrs. Wilson {my apologies that the close up is blurry}:


Have you figured it out?  Here is one of the movie trailers from Cast Away where Tom Hanks is on a deserted island for a number of years:



For those of you who might still be wondering who Wilson is, here is someone's fun compilation of scenes from the movie with Tom Hanks and the infamous Wilson.


No, he is not in love with Wilson, but I guess when there is no one else to talk to while being cast away, a Wilson ball works nicely!

For more fun reading, click here for Gourmet Yarn Company's Blog and find out what keeps everyone coming back for more GYC!

Carpe Knitting,
KZ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Thanks for explaining about Mrs. Wilson. She's been a big hit with customers!

Hope to see you at the next Knit-In!