Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Sophie Bag ~
My First Felted Bag

I am finally having the opportunity to post about a fun FO {Finished Object} that did not cost very much money to make.  I used Cascade 220 in colorway 8891. Here is a picture of my pre-felted Sophie Bag: 


The twisted i-cord handles knit up fast and I had my two i-cords before I knew it. At the onset I wondered if I would have enough yarn to make the twisted handles; however, I had it on good authority not to worry as either style of handle was doable with one skein.    

This picture will give you an idea of how much yarn I had left:


I only needed 80% of my skein, so this bag costs less than $7.00 to make.  Here is a photo of the felted Sophie:


As you can see, the color stayed vibrant after felting. This will probably be used as a project bag. More felted bags in a variety of styles have been added to my future want-to-knit list.


No comments: